Ekotrope is a Boston-based software Startup, revolutionizing the biggest industry in the world – construction, into building more affordable, energy-efficient buildings.
Ekotrope uses an MIT based technology created for NASA to allow production builders to make smarter design choices. A typical client reduces construction costs by thousands of dollars per home while increasing energy efficiency and reducing decision time for design choices from months to minutes.
Our commercially available solution is already used nationwide by some of the largest builders in the country.
If you are interested in the below leading opportunities at our innovative start up – send your resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Success Lead
We are a small, growing software startup looking for a Customer Success Lead to maintain and strengthen our client accounts and relationships. This person will work closely with each of our clients to understand their business needs, help them achieve success using our product, and react to specific requests or questions. The hire should have great interpersonal and communication skills and should enjoy interacting with customers. They should also be able to quickly learn and understand our product. Market demand for our new product is extremely high and our clients are quickly growing in size and number, so this will be a key role during the growth phase of our company.
- Manage customer accounts
- Onboard new clients quickly to achieve 100% usage
- Maintain strong client relationships
- Grow account size by promoting nicely matched premium products and services.
- Product training and support
- Brainstorm, filter, prioritize, and communicate product enhancements
- Write help articles, tutorials and marketing material
- Work out of our Downtown Boston office
- Ability to build rapport with clients quickly.
- Business discovery skills – ability to quickly uncover and synthesize information about business workflows, problems, and opportunities.
- Ability to organize and communicate feedback from clients in a way that keeps dev highly tuned-in with clients.
- General computer and technical skills
- Can communicate easily with technical and business people
- [BONUS] Any level of software development knowledge
- [BONUS] Knowledge of thermodynamics or home energy efficiency.
- Significant experience interacting directly with customers (not necessarily as a Customer Success Manager) via phone and email.
- Proven track record defining and running projects (including milestones, measuring progress and coordinating several stakeholders)
- [BONUS] Experience in the residential building science industry
We are looking for a software engineer with several years of post-academic experience and a strong desire to learn, teach, and take on responsibility. The hire would be joining our small development team within a growing startup working on our core product offering (a B2B web application). We have short development cycles, a tight customer feedback loop, and every developer works full stack, from web front-end to database and dev-ops. We are looking for someone who can compliment our skill sets – adding experience where we lack it and learning from ours where we have strength.
- Full stack development
- New features
- Add-on products
- Bug fixes
- Weekly workload completion commitments
- Technical Support for our clients as needed. Our whole development team does this.
- Quality assurance. We all do code reviews, automated and manual testing.
- 3 – 10 years non-academic experience in software development
- Strong communication skills, both technical and interpersonal
- Passion for growth and learning
- Desire to do full stack software engineering, including dev ops
- Technical skills
- At least one of the following:
- Significant AWS experience
- Significant MySQL experience
- Database design
- Interface with Hibernate
- Significant experience with build systems
- [BONUS] GWT
- [BONUS] UI design
- [BONUS] Home energy efficiency knowledge
Ekotrope has a disruptive technology and we see strong demand to our solution. A key to our success is being able to explain our unique value to prospects and the ability to reach our target audience easily. Towards this end, we will need an exceptional person to assist in:
- Help us shape our message
- Building collateral
- Building customer’s presentations
- Blogging and helping with social media
- Run market research
- Analyze prospects list to generate leads
- Potentially – assist with lead qualifications
- Have both practical and academic background in related areas. Strong emphasis will be given for practical experience in start ups.
- Proven hands-on experience.
- Proven ability to be self-directed.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (will ask to see a presentation and other business written examples).
- Blogging, social networks, SEO experience – a plus.