Would you like to join a small, fast-growing, MIT & Boston-based software startup that is helping people around the country build more energy efficient homes? If yes, please read on!
We build, support and sell software to help people design and build more energy efficient homes. In 2016, we launched a Home Energy Rating Software that has already been used to certify more than 100,000 homes across the US. 40% of all energy rated homes are now certified using our software. This product has propelled us to profitability and given us a lot of momentum in our industry.
Though a small company, Ekotrope provides strong benefits, including comprehensive health insurance and a 401k program. Ekotrope is conveniently located in the heart of Boston, between Downtown Crossing and South Station and just blocks from the T (Green, Red, Orange, Blue lines), commuter rail and buses.
If you are interested in the opportunities below please send your resume to: email@example.com.
Sales & Accounts Manager
We are looking for a sales person that has both farmer and hunter skills. This person will maintain and grow business within our existing customers and sell to new customers. This person will work directly with and report to our CEO.
The prospects in this industry are well known, and you would inherit a strong pipeline of active opportunities
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Creating and maintaining a sales and a marketing plan
- Day-to-day sales activities: emails, calls, meetings, prep, etc.
- Strengthening and building new relationships with clients and prospects by consistently meeting and exceeding their expectations
- Utilizing marketing tools to support sales efforts
- Evaluating prospects and forecasting sales pipeline
- Partnering with Engineering and Support to seamlessly and quickly onboard new clients
- Ensure client implementation milestones are met
The Sales & Accounts Manager will be measured on meeting revenue and market share goals. The salary will include commissions on new sales and additional incentives for implementation outcomes. Travelling requirements for this position will be limited.
Ekotrope promotes ownership and accountability and this is a great opportunity for a hands-on, strategic role in a growing startup.
- Professional experience in:
- Hands-on outbound sales, having closed deals of at least $25,000
- Account management and/or client services
- Early stage startups or the like
- Past Success: Proven ability to meet or exceed quota in last few roles
- A farmer mentality with a hunter skills.
- Accountable: Strong sense of ownership is a must
- Coachable: Actively seeks feedback and new ideas to constantly improve
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Interest in the energy efficiency and/or home building industry
- Background in related areas (construction, utilities, energy science, etc.) a major plus.
Director of Business Development
Ekotrope is pursuing new market opportunities and is already expanding into the utility market. Specifically, we help utilities and their partners improve their energy efficiency and demand management programs. Our product offers considerable advantages over existing solutions.
We have already made several deals and are looking to increase our customer understanding, product offering and market penetration.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Working with key stakeholders in target markets to enhance our understanding of the market, needs, and solutions (i.e. market discovery)
- Developing a go to market strategy and plan
- Partnering with the Engineering team to define and refine the product vision
- Spearheading channel and strategic partnerships
- Working closely with the CEO to fine-tune and execute growth strategy
This person will work directly with and report to the CEO and will be compensated on a combination of business and financial goals.
This is a great opportunity play a crucial role in growing a business line that will propel Ekotrope to the next level.
- Professional experience in:
- Enterprise sales and/or business development, ideally for a software company
- Alternatively, direct experience administering utility programs with the utility or third implementor
- Working with stakeholders to define new $100K+ software products
- Managing and meeting a specific sales goal or pipeline targets
- Previous Director of BD positions
- Early stage startups and/or tech (at least 3 years)
- Ability to hunt and generate quality leads. Past success closing large deals (sales or partnerships)
- Strong sense of ownership for achieving goals – a must
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to create structure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (we will ask to see a presentation and other business written examples).Experience in the utility software market is a bonus
We are looking for a software engineer with a strong desire to learn, teach, and take on responsibility. We want someone who can compliment our skill sets – adding experience where we lack it and learning from ours where we have strength. One challenge we would like help with is improving the robustness and performance of our application, which may involve splitting our monolithic app into separate services. We are envisioning hiring someone with several years of post-academic experience.
- Full stack development
- New features
- New products
- Bug fixes
- Technical Support for our clients as needed. Our whole development team does this.
- Quality assurance. We all do code reviews, automated and manual testing.
- 3+ years non-academic experience in software development
- Strong communication skills, both technical and interpersonal
- Passion for growth and learning
- Desire to do full stack software engineering, including dev ops
- Technical skills
- Linux (dev) ops experience
- At least one of the following:
- Significant AWS experience
- Significant MySQL experience
- Database design
- Interface with Hibernate
- Significant experience with build systems
- [BONUS] GWT
- [BONUS] UI design
- [BONUS] Home energy efficiency knowledge
Full stack software development on our production application alongside our core engineering team. The intern will be contributing to our client-facing product from week 1.
- Proficiency in Java
- Several years of software development experience (academic, independent, or other)
- HTML / CSS
- AWS experience
- GWT (Google Web Toolkit)
Marketing and Sales Interns
Ekotrope has a disruptive technology and we see strong demand to our solution. A key to our success is being able to explain our unique value to prospects and the ability to reach our target audience easily. Towards this end, we will need an exceptional person to assist in:
- Help us shape our message
- Building collateral
- Building customer’s presentations
- Blogging and helping with social media
- Run market research
- Analyze prospects list to generate leads
- Potentially – assist with lead qualifications
- Have both practical and academic background in related areas. Strong emphasis will be given for practical experience in start ups.
- Proven hands-on experience.
- Proven ability to be self-directed.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (will ask to see a presentation and other business written examples).
- Blogging, social networks, SEO experience – a plus.